Around Town with… Lauren Ramirez of Quercus Studio

In this series, we poll our in-the-know friends on what they love to see, do, eat and more in the Triangle. 

Goldsmith and custom jewelry designer, Lauren Ramirez of Quercus Studio, can often be found at the round table at Garland with friends or treating herself at Sukho Thai Massage. Read on to find out about her favorite places around Raleigh to enjoy dinner, drinks and more.

What’s your favorite spot downtown? 

I love Garland. I sit at the bar solo, and the round table with friends. The food and service is outstanding.

Where do you go when you’re feeling a ‘treat yourself’ day?

Sukho Thai Massage. Thai yoga massage is my jam.

What’s your hidden gem in Raleigh?

Pho Far East. I order the Bun in the summer and Chao Ga in the winter. Be sure to check out the portrait of the strong horses.

Tough decision, Char-Grill or Snoopy’s?

Oooohhh, Char-Grill. I order the vanilla milkshake, but I do wish they had a Neapolitan.

What’s your go-to coffee shop and usual order?

Morning Times! They’re my people. Small hot black coffee, please.

Where is your favorite place to grab lunch?

Both Sitti and Living Kitchen are in heavy rotation.

What’s your favorite place for a weekday happy hour?

I’m not a big drinker, but Foundation is my favorite bar in town. I like a classic daiquiri made by Garrett.

Is there anything else in town that you love and want to share?

I frequent Cold Off the Press for fresh juice, and Boulted Bread and Pine State are my weekend spots for coffee. I love Holder Goods and Father and Son for design inspiration and special objects for my house. I clear my mind in Nash Square Park. The variety of trees and plants are impressive. Alfred, my dog, loves it too. Raleigh is a special place.